Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's time to get out the sewing machine for seasonal projects.


Fall/Halloween Fabric for Reversible Table Runner

I love to sew in the fall.  It's somehow comforting to turn a pile of fabric into something bright and cheery when it's gloomy and raining outside.  The next few weeks I will be working on a reversible, seasonal table runner for my dining room table.  I've always wanted to make a reversible quilt with fall and Halloween fabric but never quite got around to it.  I've had the fabric for years.  After watching Quilting Arts TV with Pokey Bolton on PBS one afternoon, I got the idea to make a seasonal table runner instead of a quilt. Stay tuned!

Cupcake Apron
My daughter gave me the idea to make children's kitchen aprons.  She loves the little apron I bought her at the dollar store and has asked me to make her one so she can pick out the fabric.  I found some cute patterns on sale at JoAnne's "sew" I'm going to get started.  I'm not very good at reading patterns so this should be an adventure.  I love the cupcake fabric for a little girl's apron.  I think it will be adorable.  I can't wait to get started!

Join me at WildeVioletbyJamy.etsy.com to see what I've been up to while you were gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment